OLLIE is a charity dedicated to delivering suicide awareness, intervention and prevention training by empowering professionals and young adults in their own communities to lead suicide prevention activities. It is widely accepted in society that with appropriate support and education, suicide can be prevented.
- Twitter: @the_ollie_found
- Instagram: the_ollie_foundation
- LinkedIn: the-ollie-foundation
Sustainability is extremely important and here at Christopher Trigg we wish to ensure that we are at the forefront as a company, with an overall view of becoming carbon neutral.
We have therefore teamed up with Woodoaks Farm to collaborate on the Compost Club.
What are the main goals of the Compost Club?
- To get local people enthused by composting, both at Woodoaks, and at their homes or schools.
- To educate about the importance of composting in the context of waste management and combating climate change.
- To educate about soil health and growing healthy thriving plants.
- To inform and educate about the importance of nutrient rich soil, free from inputs or chemicals to yield nutrient rich food for our community.
- To reconnect people with nature and their gardens for mental wellbeing.
- To use as an example of how we can all work together for greater planet health and personal health.
- To actively deal with waste management on the farm and use Woodoaks as an example… from hops from the Brewery and coffee waste from the Tea Shack being combined and used for good not discarded.
- To create compost for use on farm, give to volunteers or potentially sell on farm.
We raised £4,200 on the 7th October by taking part in the chess valley walk.
Christopher Trigg Ltd donated £10,000 towards the Charity’s main fundraising event of 2020 & 2021 which contributes towards the ongoing hospice’s running costs.
Christopher Trigg entered a team into the Rickmansworth pancake race raising money for a local charity Watford Mencap. The team successfully won their heat and represented the company in the final!